Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Welcome to 2012!

Okay. New year. Like untouched snow. You know the kind...you see a large patch of snow (or sand if you live in warmer climates) that is smooth and never trod upon. You have the urge to make footprints in it. Well that's 2012. We are ten days in and there are 356 days left to walk upon since this is a Leap Year.

As I get older (I swear I am only... er.. 29...uhmm), it sure seems like time goes faster. (I'm sticking with the 29, folks!) When I do stop to catch my breath (which usually occurs after walking up steps, walking to the fridge, walking to the buffet line, and similar strenuous activities), I find that it seems like it was just yesterday that I got my set of car keys.

Wait...that WAS yesterday. I lost my originals somewhere in a field (don't ask) and had to have copies made from my spare set.

Seriously, though, some aspects of time seem to have flown by for me. My kids are grown now. My friends are getting old. Cold, damp weather and my bones no longer get along. In fact, it is sad for me to realize that my mind still thinks I am a young, spry, slender woman who can dance the night away. Of course, my body definitely knows I'm not.

In other aspects, time seems to have stopped completely. After all, has it ONLY been 3 years since Obama took office?

I hope that2012 brings my readers health, laughter, contentment, and fun. Now get busy building that snowman or sandcastle in the un-trampled area of life!

God bless...

No comments:

Post a Comment