Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Derailed for good?

Okay. No matter what you think of Herman Cain...it seems that his contention for the Presidency may be coming to an end. According to a report on FNC, Cain has now slipped 11 points in the polls - leaving Romney and Gingrich tied for first.

I have liked Cain from his very first debate appearance. What saddens me is that, for many, the alleged sexual harassment has caused doubt about Cain's trustworthiness.

What do I think?

I think that it's awfully convenient that as soon as Cain soars in the polls, "victims" long since vanished into the woodwork suddenly start appearing. Do I believe the allegations? Not really...however, I wasn't there. The timing of the "coming forth" of these women leaves it quite suspect in my mind.

Many pundits were talking about a Cain vs. Obama showdown for the 2012 election. Hmmm. Now suddenly that most likely won't happen. Did Obama's camp have anything to do with this? (Uh oh...guess I'm now gonna get reported to AttackWatch...LOL)

With a Cain-Obama contest, where ever would Obama be able to insert race?

Just because I didn't vote for Obama in 2008 doesn't make me a racist. However, if you DID vote for Obama because he is "black," then you ARE a racist.

Why does the Left fear Cain?

Perhaps it's his no nonsense approach to solving our debt crisis. Having extensive experience in the business world, his way of creating solutions comes from a different perspective than career politicians. That scares people. To think that Cain, if elected, would change things from the status quo makes people nervous. I understand that people don't like change (and I don't mean Obama's kind)...but if we continue down the path we are on, there will be no United States of America left.

I have been hoping that Cain's campaign would recover from the supposed scandal, but I am not sure that it will. I still support Cain. It just goes to show you that it is easier to tear down a reputation than to repair one.

I am praying for you, Cain, as well as the rest of the candidates. (Yes, even Obama.) There are several that I don't feel I can support should Cain no longer be a viable candidate...but I do know we don't need Obama for a 2nd term.

In my opinion, we didn't need him for the first.

No comments:

Post a Comment