Monday, November 21, 2011

Thanksgiving Day and Every Day

Despite being overlooked by most commercial stores (other than grocery stores), Thanksgiving is a wonderful holiday. Most of what we were taught in elementary school about the first Thanksgiving is false. However, the main thrust of the day, giving thanks, is still a staple today.

Whether the day is celebrated with family, friends, acquaintances, strangers, or even alone, the main focus should be upon giving thanks to our Creator. It is He who sustains us and who remains in control.

Whether the food is home-made or prepared by someone else, we need to be thankful. Yet, this should not be the only day...once a year...that we remember to give thanks.

This year, I am thankful that I have memories of more abundant financial times in this country. I am thankful that I live in what is STILL the greatest country in the world. I am thankful that we have a system of government that gives me a voice and the ability to vote for a candidate to hold the highest position in our land.

I am eternally grateful that I have been born-again. God saw the need for a Savior and sent His son to save me. I am thankful that when my life on this earth is no more, I will be in Heaven - rejoicing with family and friends who have gone there before me.

It goes without saying that I am thankful for family and friends. We may not have it all together, but together, we have it all!

2 comments:

  1. Indeed we are blessed to be able to live here in this great country. but I fear if we don't do something in the next election to rid ourselves of these Marxists who are trying to destroy our country, our children and their children's children will never again be able to enjoy the freedoms we use to have here. But having said that I have a sneaking suspicion that our generation will experience the Second Coming and all of that will be moot.
    Maranatha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said, Ed! Let's keep looking upward and listening for that trumpet sound! Amen...and God bless! :)

    ReplyDelete